I thought we would share some fun pool facts that you might enjoy…. great for trivia players!
• The Bikini swimsuit was named after a US nuclear testing site in South Pacific called Bikini Atoll
• Swimming works out all of the body’s major muscles and helps reduce stress. It’s a great low impact exercise especially good for those who have arthritis or are recovering from joint surgery
• Swimming dates back to 2500 BC. Ancient Egypt drawings show people swimming
• Swim Fins were invented by Benjamin Franklin
• Swimming first became an Olympic event in 1896
• In 1975, President Gerald Ford had a swimming pool built at the White House. There is a secret underground passage that let’s the first family and their guests get to from the White House to the pool without going outside!